Membership of NALA gives up-to-date languages information and support wherever members work in the field of languages advice, consultancy and/or inspection.
Member benefits include:
- up-to-date, easy-to-access information on language matters via the NALA website, and a NALA Forum open to all members
- a network of like-minded professionals with whom to share good practice
- professional development via
- termly regional meetings wherever you are (you may attend any meeting advertised, provided you are a member and let the regional convenor know)
- an annual, national members’ residential conference (at reduced rates for early booking)
- the minutes and notes from meetings attended by committee members (e.g. the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Modern Languages; Ofqual; Speak to the Future; Language World; etc.)
Am I eligible to apply?
If you are:
- a qualified teacher who has current or previous experience of language teaching; and
- you give advice about teaching languages and provide support and training for languages development; and/or are an Ofsted inspector in the languages field,
you are eligible.
Complete the application form and forward it to the named Executive Committee member for it to be appraised by committee.
Annual fee: £65
NB You may also be eligible if you provide advice, support and training via a cultural embassy or institute, or government agency. Please contact the Secretary to discuss.